When you visit Missouri, you probably don’t expect to see palm trees. It is true that our Show-Me state is landlocked with no ocean in sight…but that doesn’t mean there can’t be a tropical oasis to escape to when visiting our midwest city.
The Oasis Hotel and Convention Center in Springfield, Missouri has developed quite the reputation with locals and visitors alike. The vibrant colors and tropical-inspired decor definitely sets us apart by aesthetics alone. But topping all of that off are not one, but TWO saltwater pools, one of which recently got a facelift, just in time for the hot summer months. “We constantly update our facilities here at the Oasis to ensure we meet our guest’s expectations and provide a unique and memorable experience,” says Missy Handyside, General Manager of the Oasis. “The outdoor pool project was one of my favorites because we were able to bring actual tropics to our community with live palm trees and resort style furnishings.”
The outdoor saltwater pool at the Oasis has always been a hotspot for guests, but with its recent updates, including outdoor seating for Fire & Ice Restaurant visitors, it’s turning heads with the locals as well. So if you’re just sitting at your desk dreaming you could be laying poolside at the Oasis, here are some behind-the-scenes photos of the updates just to pour a little more salt(water) in the wound. 🙂
Please upload images in images manager section. Click on Manage Images button on the right side of the gallery settings.
Please make sure that you didn't enabled option: Images of the Current Gallery. Option should have Show value to show images.
Brenda Van Eps with Studio V was brought in to assist with the new decor and she says, “The vibe is vibrant and fun, and ties into the retro design the Oasis has going on. The furnishings are inviting for those who want to have happy hour poolside with firepits and palm trees to set the mood, but just as accommodating for families and children swimming during the day.”
- Two vibrant-colored seating areas with firepits
- Tables with umbrellas that can also be used for outdoor dining and happy hour at Fire & Ice
- Brand new lounge chairs
- Five real potted palm trees surrounding the seating areas
- Saltwater pool has been repainted with all new tile
- LED color changing mood lighting in both the pool and the surrounding landscaping
- Upgraded music system surrounding the perimeter of the pool
- New aggregate concrete pool deck
- For cooler evenings in the fall and winter, free-standing heaters will be brought in to keep the poolside dining going all year round!
Whether you are a guest from out of town or a Springfield local looking for a place unwind, stop by the Oasis, grab a drink and relax poolside!